Posted on April 20 2020
Our two favorite performances from the Global Citizen: Together At Home benefit concert. [Left] Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Lady Gaga, Lang Lang, John Legend perform "The Prayer". [Right] John Legend and Sam Smith perform "Stand By Me". I challenge you not to tear up.
- At the beginning of the pandemic, schools continued to distribute meals to low income students. As the economy worsens, schools are now expanding meal services to entire families despite limited resources. “If people are in need, we’re going to address the need, end of discussion. Our inclination is to do the right thing,” Austin Beutner, Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent.
- Former First Lady, Michelle Obama will read aloud some of her favorite children’s books over the next four weeks. “Mondays with Michelle Obama” will start on Monday, April 20th at noon ET.
- Much anticipated sports documentary, “The Last Dance,” which captures Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls 1997-98 journey to their final championship together premiered last night with episodes 1 and 2. Some (e.g., my husband and his friends) claim it’s likely the best sports documentary of all time…
IN BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Southwest in its history has never laid off or furloughed employees. CEO states that they don’t plan to for this pandemic either, but some concessions may be necessary. Meanwhile, other airlines have warned of downsizing to come.
- Wynn CEO proposes a 23-page proposal to reopen its casino by mid to late May. One of the recommendations is to provide guests with a COVID-19 amenity bag. Yeah that totally makes us feel safe…
- Interesting read - Vimeo CEO, Anjali Sud, shares her work diary which includes running the company during a pandemic, caring for an 18-month-old, and living in her childhood home with her parents.
IN POLITICS / GOVERNMENT
- Governor Cuomo announces plans to start aggressive antibody testing in New York. Random sampling of 2,000 tests per day will attempt to determine how widespread the virus is.
JUST FOR YOU
- Food & Home - Having a hard time keeping your food fresh? Here are 24 tips to make your food last. We’re a fan of #17. Herbs are expensive!
- Fashion – 10 retailers offering big sales right now.