Posted on April 22 2020
We’ve always appreciated subtle humor #wellplayed #thelastdance
- Today is Earth Day. There’s plenty we can do while we stay at home, including writing to our local representatives (much easier than you think), signing up for vote by mail (in preparation for November elections), and making a few lifestyle changes (like using LED lights that use 90% electricity than incandescent bulbs).
- Facebook created an interactive heat map representing people who have reported COVID-19 symptoms. The data is collected using a Facebook survey and will be updated daily with new data.
IN BUSINESS / ECONOMY
Negative oil prices – here’s what it means and how we got here.
- SBA online application portal for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) disclosed personal information, including SSN, income amounts, names and addresses for ~8,000 businesses. Great, we didn’t get approved for the loan AND we lost our identity. Thanks.
IN POLITICS / GOVERNMENT
- President Trump announced on Tuesday that he’ll place a temporary halt on issuing new green cards for 60 days, with a possible extension depending on the economic situation.
- Southern states plan to reopen their economies in the next week or two. Here’s a full list of where each state stands on reopening.
JUST FOR YOU
- Professional Development – According to an Harvard Business study, top performers ask for advice, not feedback. It’s all about how you frame it.
- Personal Development – 7 habits of happy people. Obvious but a good reminder. Perhaps we’ll add this to our daily affirmations 🤔