Posted on April 24 2020
Where all my introverts at?!
- Want to volunteer but not sure how in a time of quarantine? Here’s a few ways you can volunteer while practicing safe social distancing.
- Interested in the NFL Draft round 1 picks? Great, that makes one of us. Nevertheless, it was top news last night. Nice to see each player accepting the call with their families and loved ones.
- Jerry Seinfeld is releasing a new stand-up special after 22 years. Set to air May 5 on Netflix, check out the trailer here.
IN BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Unemployment rate is estimated at ~20%. In comparison, the 2008/9 peak was 10%. States are struggling to keep up with the demand and so it’s unclear if the claims are a representation of people losing their job each week or are now able to get through the process.
IN POLITICS / GOVERNMENT
- $484 billion approved by the Senate for Coronavirus aid. Of that, ~$320b will be injected into the Payment Protection Program (including admin fees), $75b for overwhelmed hospitals, $25b for new coronavirus testing programs, and ~$60b for emergency disaster loans and grants. Let’s hope this one lasts more than 2 weeks.
JUST FOR YOU
- Relationships – It’s a tough time for relationships to move forward when so much of the future is unknown. Here’s a guide on how to talk to your partner about the future right now. It’s super in-depth with example language to use. Well done Vice 👏
- Home & Food – Since I can’t cook based on taste and memory like my mom and aunties, I always have to rely on recipes. Here’s a list of 11 classic cookbooks for any type of cook.